Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Hello family!

well i put alot of what happened this week into my sound bite, so i wont have to say again what ive already said in the soundclip. that part is basically like a general thing about the week and all, if you are doing a blog you could totally throw it up there if you wanted, i dont know. 

mom,  jenny sounds like me. i always knew what was right and wrong, but i got frustrated sometimes that everyone else had all this spiritual understanding that seemed out of my reach. just help her to pray, and look for her responses. she needs to be like any investigator or anyone, she needs to look for help through prayer. so! about transferring, i think i could get into byu provo. one thought: with this new missionary age, i think byu provo would be in higher demand for students right now, so maybe i could just go straight to there! please look into it for me, we´ll talk more on tuesday. 

dad, that was really nice how you did that for the young men with the preach my gospels and such. you are reminding me of brother millet, who did simple but heartfelt things like this, and i remember it made all the difference. one time he brought me and joe out to ritas, just to talk. something so simple, but i remember how i knew he wanted the best for us. thats what youre doing with them! also, i feel like my entire life has been this sort of furnace of growing. like i just got transferred to apucarana, and its better here, im happier, and its wayyyy harder in regards to missionaries. but like you said, its all preparing me for the next step. my favorite talks have always been those of elder eyring, about always preaparing for the hard times. its my entire life, but thats the way it has to be. i just want to have a wife who can help me through it, that would be a nice help. i really appreciated that quote by president faust, im always loving those type of quotes!

so basically my new area is sweet, as you will hear in the sound clip, and on tuesday. about the skype call..

the time slot that i have been given is 5:00 in the afternoon my time, is that ok? i hope it can work out for you, were using it at the house of the district president, and my companion and one other are going at 4, so its for me to be at 5. i hope that works! its not possible for me to do it at 1 because of lunch, or 7 because i have a dinner that members are giving me. so 5 oclock my time! if thats ok

i wrote down the skype name, and exactly 5 you guys wil be getting a call! i am way excited. 

so this area is basically all hills, all hills! my companion is awesome! he is taller than me (just like one inch), and we are pretty similar in personality, so its really nice. 

i am having trouble being happy recently, and im trying to find it, but its hard. its not like im consciencally sinning or anything that would bring that. i honestly feel like alma, or basically any prophet in the book of mormon. it feels like my soul is being weighed down, or like elder eyring says, being streched. president eyring said that sometimes we have so many mountains that it seems like our soul is being stretched, and thats how it grows. well thats how i feel. so im trying to be happier and all.

i love you guys, and today is christmas eve! its way hot, but that doesnt mean im going to eat lots of sweets, listen to christmas music. also, this morning i was teaching the missionaries in my house to waltz slash swing dance, and that was entertaining. 

i miss you guys, alot. im not getting necessarily "trunkie", but i am already 2 thirds done with my mission, and i only have 8 months left. this is the home stretch, and its going to be the hardest 8 months on my mission (thats the way it always is, the next month is harder, but thats not a bad thing), and so im really excited to be able to just like come home after all of it and see you guys. i also cant wait to study whatever i want in regards to the gospel. 

so thats about all i got for this email, im trying to figure out how ill organize my thoughts in the soundbite and the email, but whatever! until tomorrow, when i get to see you guys for the first time in a year and 5 months! so 5 oclock my time, i really hope its ok for you guys, that was the best i can do. the call is only able to be 40 minutes long this year, but i need to obey because i need any blessing possible. until tomorrow!

Elder Hoskin



No comments:

Post a Comment