Tuesday, February 5, 2013


Transcribed from a voice recording:
Good Morning, Mom and Dad and everybody.  It is Feb. 4th, and it is the Transfer day!  Wooot!  I don’t know if I am getting transferred or not.   I will tell you in my email when I get to the email house, I will know by then, but right now I don’t really know.  This week was really crazy, I did a lot of divisions… A lot of divisions…A lot of divisions.  On Saturday, there was an emergency division I had to do with a companionship that was having a lot of problems.  So I had to travel on the bus all the way out to a different city called Adupong (?)  and do a division there.  It was weird because we usually never do divisions Saturday to Sunday because of church and everything.  But, I did it, I helped them get their investigators and stuff, it was really weird.  But, this week was actually really good.  We had training with president.  He came by and gave us a training like he did to everyone else, and it was a pretty nice training. 

We have filters in all the houses now for water, which is a huge upgrade.  They are these huge clay filters.  Its like a giant clay pot.  There are two parts to it.  The bottom part is where the water stays,  the top part is, literally, the part where you pour in the water and then there’s like three holes.  In the holes you put in these giant filters.  They are called ‘porous rocks’ they filter 90-something percent of all the bad stuff.  Because the rocks are porous and they trap stuff, its really cool.  Its actually pretty nifty.  You know how I like clean water, so that’s been pretty good. 

So an update on the Elder Hoskin future situation.  I have literally received a revelation this week for how its gonna go down for the rest of my life in regards to teaching and stuff.  And, it comes down to my partiarchial blessing.  So, it comes down to Architecture, and Religious Teaching, right?  So since you guys are my family, I’m gonna share with you some of the stuff that is says.  First of all, my patriarchial blessing,  When it talks about raising my kids,  it says to follow the example of my parents, “so that I can be a stalwart father in Zion, and a teacher of righteousness.”  There’s the first Teacher reference right there.  Yeah, I think you see where this is going.  But then, “the Church will ask much of your time and talents”, and then it goes, “I bless you with the gifts of teaching and speaking, that you may raise your voice in proclaiming the gospel, and teaching its precepts.”  So the church is going to take a lot of my time and talents, and some of my talents are teaching and speaking.  Its not like you’re gonna be able to teach and speak.  Its like you’re gonna be able to teach and speak so that you can proclaim the gospel and teach its precepts.   So, I will be, like, teaching the gospel.  And then, the Lord has given me talents, or those things that He just told me, and you will have opportunities to develop them.  So, then it says, “I bless you with inspiration in making decisions concerning your future career.”  So, I was really thinking about it, and I have been blessed with the talents of teaching and speaking and I need to use those.  I really need to use the talents that I have like it says in my partiarchial blessing.  So, like basically, you’re gonna feel like a cool feeling whenever I say it, but, I’m gonna be like an institute teacher.  That’s what I’m doing.  I’m gonna get my major in Religious Education, cause they have a major in that at BYU.  And, then I’m just gonna be, like an institute teacher.  Or, like the head of the institute teachers.  That’s like a future plan.  My Mission President was one of these before he got called to be a mission president.  So, I am going to ask him all about it .   But basically all I hear, is that you just work for the Church.  And the Church decided, based on like, where you live, how many kids you have, and things like that.  They decide how much money your gonna make , and they give you the money necessary. So, basically what that says to me, the Lord’s going to give me salary, how much he knows I’m gonna need.  Also, you get moved around a lot, to different cities, depending on where they need you.  So, the Lord, through inspiration, is gonna send me to places that I need to go.  So, I’m really feeling good about it.  Its something I feel good about, it says it in my patriarchial blessing,  and I’m just gonna get my major in Religious Education.  I’m just gonna be an institute teacher for  the rest of my life.  That’s basically what your son is, that’s what Elder Hoskin is gonna be.   The whole Architecture things is a really big love, like passion of  mine, but, its not gonna be my career, because it doesn’t talk about that in my patriarchial blessing.  So, I just have to do what the Lord told me to do.   Which is exercise and use my talents, which is teaching and speaking.  So, I am really excited for that.  That’s going to be awesome.  Mom, if you want to try to find a way to switch my major to religious education, I know we have already switched it, like, four times,  but this is it now, it’s a for sure.  The Lord has said that its it for sure.  And, so that was really exciting, I am really happy about that.  I want to know how you guys feel about that, cause that’s gonna be really good.  Ever since I have been on the mission, I have really had a desire to be able to work for the church for the rest of my life.  Even if I was going to go into Architecture, I wanted to end up working for the church, but now I’m gonna work for the church work for the church.   And, its gonna mean my entire life is going to be devoted to the gospel.  I told this to my companions, and I thought it was a pretty cool phrase,  okay, people who play baseball, people who dream of being the best they can be,  is to one day play baseball for money.  When you are a professional baseball player, you are doing what you love, for money.   I am trying to be a professional disciple of Jesus Christ.  So, why not get paid to do that.  Have that be my career.   So, that’s what I’m gonna be.  I am going to be an institute teacher, a professional disciple of Christ.  I am gonna teach people, like it says in my blessing.  I am going to help people to understand what I understand.  I am already doing that on my mission, so this is great preparation.  I am learning how to do it better.  So, I am really excited for it, and I hope you guys are excited too.  Its gonna be awesome, its gonna be way awesome.  

I love you guys.  I’m gonna tell you whats going down in transfers, although its gonna be way busy today in the internet café.  So, if I don’t write too much, you will have to understand.  But, this week was just really good.  I was able to work with a bunch of elders .  I remember there was one day, we just went in, we taught a lot, and then just came home.  We found a lot of people and stuff, and it was a good feeling day.  It was nice to get out and work, you know?  Cause a lot of times as Zone leader, we have to deal with a lot of problems and stuff, like Dad said, it doesn’t leave a lot of time to actually do the work.  So, it felt good this week where I had some days, that I just did the work.  I love you guys, I will probably stay with transfers, but I will let you know.  And, I am really excited about the revelation I got in regards to being an institute teacher.  I am really excited for that.  Love you, and talk to you next week.  Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment